"This is the day the LORD has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Friday, January 8, 2010

Worried or Unsatisfied?

The first line of Psalm 23 puts it all in perpective for me. " The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want."

A shepherd protects and provides for his flock. He also retrieves and cares for the lost. If the God of the universe is providing for me, I should probably be satisfied with what I have.
If he is protecting me and has my best interest at heart I should have no worries either. The same Lord that King David wrote this psalm about is the same Lord that looks out for us. Can it really be that simple? I believe it can.
We only need to trust the Lord our shepherd. Is that easy to do? No, because it's not easy for us to give up the control we think we have over our lives, to trust the Lord's omniscience. Is it necessary that we do it? Absolutely!
Will I worry again? Probably. Will I complain again? No doubt before the night is out! Will I have an excuse to do either?
Nope!

No comments:

Post a Comment