"This is the day the LORD has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Friday, March 2, 2012

There was a man from Timbucktoo

There was a man from Timbucktoo,
Saved a few cents, from much to do.
He said, you know, I have much wealth,
I only need to keep my health.

This Jesus stuff, is for the lame,
A crutch you know, for the insane.
I have no need for this stuff now,
My bank account is my cash cow.

I'll take my leave, put my feet up,
With wealthy only, will I sup.
The poor, themselves for, can look out,
Or with Jesus maybe, hang about.

Then one day the bad news came,
His money gone, his health was lame.
This Jesus stuff, didn't look so bad,
If only some of it he'd had.

Don't be a fool, things happen fast,
Temporal things, they will not last.
So call on Jesus, while He is near,
And, that account won't disappear...

c. mcgrath

No comments:

Post a Comment