"This is the day the LORD has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Where's your mansion?


Walking the beach here at Casey Key Florida this morning, and looking at some of the mansions along the shore reminded me of the mansion I will have one day too. Notice the "welcome" sign on the steps. Mine won't be here though, it'll be in  heaven. And, I'm sure it'll have a lot more welcoming sign too! Man has made some very beautiful places but they won't compare to what God has prepared for His children.

"In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."   John 14: 2-3

However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him"... 1 Corinthians 2 : 9

These places are beautiful here at the beach, but they won't last. In a few years they'll be weather beaten and if not kept up at much expense, they'll be run down shacks eventually.
Mansions in heaven will never deteriorate. They will last for eternity. Without end and without upkeep. They've been built by the Master Builder Himself, with Divine plans that never falter or fail. Can't wait! Not just to see my mansion... but to see the Master Builder Jesus Himself. The One who's made it all possible with His sacrifice...... Until then though, I'll be happy praising & thanking Him for the many gifts He's already provided, in my humble little abode here  :)

2 comments: