"This is the day the LORD has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Thursday, April 26, 2012

I once

I once thought I wouldn't see this day.
I once helped someone bring in their hay,
I once even thought I'd run away.

I once had firm teeth now they're loose,
I once even tried to shoot a goose.
I once could see but now for naught,
I once was stealth but now get caught.

I once had muscle now it's all fat,
I once worked out, so much for that.
I once had abs but now they're gone,
I once almost even wrote a song.

I once could run and jump about,
I once could even raise a shout.
I once thought I'd have all the time,
I once a mountain almost did climb.

I once thought there'd be lots to do,
I once even heard a cow go moooo.
I once was thin but now I'm round,
I once was lost but now I'm found.

I once thought there was no point,
I once had my big nose way out of joint.
I once didn't think I could be made new,
I once found Jesus and now I do.

I once thought this poem would never end,
I once thought some steel I'd like to bend.
I once thought I'd bid you all adieu,
I once thought all this, while on the loo...

cmcgrath

No comments:

Post a Comment