"This is the day the LORD has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Friday, February 19, 2010

Creation or Evolution?

Last night we had the privilege of hearing from a fellow from Creation Ministries at our small group. It is such a controversial and indepth subject that it is absolutely mind boggling. The degree to which man has tried to disprove the Creation story is astounding! No matter how many formulas and theories they come up with and scientific mumbo jumbo they confuse people with, they still must come to a place where in the beginning something had to be created from nothing. How does something come from nothing? Well, they don't know.
Yet, hundreds of millions of dollars are spent and thousands of man hours used up trying to prove the impossible each year.
My theory is that man believes he must disprove the Creation story because if he can do that, then there is no sin to be forgiven for, and no God for him to give an account to one day. If there is no God man can do whatever he likes without fear of judgement.

The Bible says in Psalm 14:1, "The fool has said in his heart there is no God".Thankfully more and more scientists are seeing that what they are discovering points to an intelligent Designer, and the Creation story of the Bible is making sense to them. To those who are open and willing to see anyway. I'm talking about Geophyicists, Molecular biologists, Astronomers, Zoologists, Physics professors, Anatomists and Nuclear Physicists, not an ignoramus mechanic such as myself. I might add though, that as a mechanic I have quite often made things work with next to nothing, but have yet to create a needed part from absolutely nothing.

Jesus said in Mark 10:15  " I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."
We don't have to be theologians to have faith in a Creator God. The Bible is written so that children can understand it, and all we need is childlike faith to believe.

I won't win any Nobel prizes for my opinion and I really don't care. I believe in the Creator God who sent His Son Jesus to pay the penalty for my sin. Not because someone told me to, but because I have personally experienced the power of His Holy Spirit. The sin nature that entered the world through Adam can be redeemed by Jesus's death and Resurrection. Again, the choice is ours to make.
It takes much less faith for me to believe that, than evolution's theories and formulas and conjectures about things coming forth from nothing at all....

" Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his God, the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea and everything in them-the LORD, who remains faithful forever." Psalm 146: 5-6

I'll hang my hat right there....

5 comments:

  1. That's a great post cliff. Loved the part about you having yet to create some part from nothing. Good perspective and teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never really understood why there is controversy on this subject.

    In my opinion the reason why this is so contentious is because there are whole communities of scientists who have a bone to pick with religionists and Christians who have a bone to pick with scientists. And God is stuck in the middle wishing everyone would just Do The Work He's Set For Us.

    Admittedly, I've been called a heretic from both sides for suggesting that the "nothing" that evolution theory relies on is actually God's hand at work.

    For me, science always has been an intricate study of God's brushstrokes, nothing more and nothing less. Science has the capacity to prove\disprove God about as much as a hammer does. It's just a tool for describing the world.

    This is one of those "mu" topics for me.

    (But it keeps coming up so maybe I should blog about it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah Bea... I would say you're definitely a heretic... Ha Ha

    Evolutionists I believe, are truly trying to prove that there is no God. No God... No sin ...No sin... No judgement to face. I really believe this is at the heart of all the controversy. It's the only reason I can see for "very intelligent" people making such stupid and far fetched assumptions. To them the subject will never be "Mu"...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I agree with you there. Whether it's science or abortion or homophobia or what. While there is often a legitimate issue with God at it's heart, there are also a lot of people forcing their own personal prejudices on the issues.

    People who have scores to settle with another group will often use contentious issues to settle them. And God's name gets hit in the process.

    ReplyDelete