"This is the day the LORD has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

God is in control

" For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked." Psalm 73: 3

When I read this verse this morning it was after gassing up the car and finding prices had risen again by 10-12 cents/liter. I could relate.

 They seem to put whatever price they like on gas now, and whenever they feel like it. Gas moves an inch on the world market(up), and a mile at the pumps, a mile on the world market(down), an inch at the pumps.

Then a little further on I read: "Surely you put them on slippery ground; you cast them down to ruin. How suddenly are they destroyed, completely swept away by terrors!" Psalm 73:18-19

I realized that God is in control. If these business practices are not above board, God will hold them to account. They will not prosper forever.
God has also promised to meet my needs. I can have full confidence according to Philippians 4:19, that he will do so.
I no longer need to fret about the oil companies or government taxation, etc, etc... God will hold them all to account. My job is to trust Him. "And my God will meet all your needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus". Phil 4:19

My rant for the day!


cmcgrath

2 comments:

  1. Amen Cliff..... as I wrestle with my wayward nearly 17 year old trying to manipulate proper attitudes and actions in her life, I'm realizing at a deeper level what it means to know that God is in control. Even though she thinks she's got it all together, I'm appreciating so much more that our lives are in His hands and no amount of effort on my part can change a heart, or prices ...... but they aren't beyond Him. Rest and trust..... "oh for grace to trust Him more."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I remember 17. Thought I knew it all too. It's crazy how every generation has to do it all their way, and won't learn from others mistakes. The only constant is God's sovereignty. He's still in control...Thankfully!

      Delete